I received a comment about this post and I couldn't reply to it in the comment box because it wouldn't accept that many characters. So I'll add it to the post now:
1) "if the congress lies to us its just politics" you vote for them, if you don't like them vote them out. if you don't like the candidates get active in the primaries. if you don't like money in politics organize for campaign finance reform. don't just be bitter and complain.
**How can you vote them out if the people that don't think they lie outnumber those that do?
2) "if we dislike a black person, we're racist and if a black dislikes whites it's their 1st amendment right" not going to comment besides saying that really isn't very subtle.
**You can't dislike someone because of what they say or do and it have nothing to do with their race??
3) "the government spends millions to rehabilitate criminals" maybe in sweden. **You can't even accept something when it's completely factual. Look at any prison in THIS country and see what money is spent on rehabilitation programs.
4) "you can teach that homosexuality is OK" (god forbid!) "you better not use the word God in the process" (why would you? and of course you can, you just can't encourage religion)
**'Why would you'? maybe because a lot of people believe God says it is a sin. Who encourages religion in public schools? By reciting the Pledge of Allegiance?
5) "you can kill an unborn child". well no you can't if it hasn't been born you can't possibly kill it. the guy's complaining about terminating a pregnancy. if only he was so compassionate about what happens to people _after_ birth.
**This is probably your most ridiculous statement of all. So as it is growing inside a woman for months, with a heartbeat and brain activity it is NOT alive?? It has to come outside the body to be killed? Please tell me you are writing from a mental hospital.
6) "its wrong to execute a mass murderer" the government poisons criminals to death all the time so that's just a flat-out lie.
**We actually agree on something! Yes, execute murderers! The closest a criminal gets to being poisoned is by eating their meals.
7) "we don't burn books in America" of course not. "we now rewrite them" another lie.
**I haven't seen a pile of books being burned for decades. Pretty sure he is referring to the rewriting of Huckleberry Finn as one example. Plenty more to come I'm sure.
8) "we got rid of the communist and socialist threat by renaming them progressives". nonsense. communists were defeated in the cold war. progressives are as american as apple pie. who got women the vote? progressives. who passed civil rights? progressives. who passed ss and medicare/medicaid? progressives. what was teddy roosevelt, the biggest alpha male pro-american president of all time? a progressive.
**"Communists were defeated in the cold war"? Someone forgot to tell China, Cuba, Laos, North Korea and Vietnam that they were defeated.
"[we] have no problem protecting the 38th parallel in Korea" nope. it's that whole thing about not wanting the north to start a god awful conflict with the south.
**He's not saying we shouldn't be in Korea for that reason, he's saying we don't put enough effort to protect our borders.
9)"you can have pornography on TV or the internet". yes, that's called freedom, that's called liberty. "you cannot put a nativity scene in public" not if you're the government, no. ever seen muslims get away with put up their stuff in similar situations? nope.
**So a city or county, that wants to display a nativity scene can be told no? By who? A select small group of people who don't believe in God? And it is OK? You agree with that? I didn't know Muslims had a 'similar situation' like nativity scenes or Christmas.
10)"it's wrong to use an animal" some people might think that, they might have compassion or something terrible like that, but apparently no one cares. animal testing is alive and well, hope that makes you feel better.
**He IS saying that there is plenty of animal testing, and there is more protesting about that then using a fetus for testing! Yes, it's alright to have compassion for animals but how about a little more for a baby? Oh, wait, they aren't alive because they aren't 'born' yet according to you.
11)"give [money] to those who don't want to work" since bill clinton did welfare reform welfare basically doesn't exist anymore, so no not true (again).
**You're off your medications aren't you?? Welfare "doesn't exist anymore"??? Free health care, food stamps, housing, extended unemployment payments, etc., aren't forms of welfare? Just because they quit referring to it as "waiting for my welfare check" doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
12)"raises our taxes" obama cut taxes 18 times, you just didn't pay attention.
**He's not referring to specifically Obama, but to tax raises in general to offset certain crisis's. As to Obama's 18 tax cuts: Many are renewals of tax breaks that already existed. Others are expansions of previous breaks. And every time a measure gets renewed, the Obama administration is counting it as yet another tax cut. If extensions or expansions aren't double counted, the list comes out to 14 tax breaks -- and only FIVE are still around.
13)"parenting has been replaced by ritalin and video games" i think he's trying to say he'd prefer it if parents beat their kids more? not sure.
**Could it be that he is saying parents should be spending actual time with their kids at home, at a dinner table, at a homework table, reading to them at bedtime, playing with them outside in fresh air?? Or I guess to you it just means beating them. A reflection of your buried childhood memories?
14)"we still have freedom of speech but only if we are being PC". let's see: muslim? peter king will start a congressional hearing. hate muslims? you have free rain to provoke an international crisis that kills god knows how many people. hate gay people? you can protest with your despicable signs at funerals and antonin scalia and clarence thomas have no problem with it (or the rest of scotus).
**Not sure what you mean at all. It works this way: If one group can protest their beliefs then another group can protest theirs. Even if you don't agree with it or if it is despicable.
Thanks for the comments jatkins. Now go take your meds.